Thursday, September 4, 2008

Blue Silver Scrimmage

This Saturday, I had my first "game" as an RHS cheerleader. I used to be a competitive cheeleader for POWER so I had no experiance of what it was like to cheer on the sidelines. All we used to do was learn routines and then go to competitions. I loved compeating but it was a huge time commitment. So this year decided that I should try out for the school team. Because I'm one of the only new additions to the team, we barely went over the sidelilne cheer's because everyone already knows them. I was really nervous to cheer at the scrimmage because I didn't know all of the cheer's completly and I didn't want to mess up infront of the crowd. As the scrimmage was going on, I kept asking the captian, Kelsey, what the next cheer she was going to call next so that I could go over it in my head. I messed up a few times but I eventually caught on. Finally it was halftime and we performed our camp routiene which went great. I was relieved that it was a routiene that I actually knew. Then it was back to the sidelines to cheer on the crowd more. Overall, I made a few errors on the cheers, but I was happy that it was only a scrimmage and not an acutal game.

No comments: