Monday, October 31, 2011

Senior Night

As my last cross country season nears an end, with only two more weeks left, I can’t help but look back on my three years with the team. While I’ve had both good and bad moments in cross country, I love it and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I have met so many amazing people, people that are now some of my best friends. While running is always a challenge, it is also very rewarding. The comradeship on this team in unlike any I have ever seen or experienced, and I know I will miss it.
Last Friday was league finals at William Jessup and it was also Senior Night. When Pereira called my name to come up to the front, along with the four other senior girls, I suddenly realized just how little time left there is before the season is over. Looking over at the people next to me, who I have been running with for four years, I suddenly became really sad but determined to make the best of these last few races. As the rest of the girls handed out the senior gift, blankets they had made for us, I couldn’t help but feel so lucky to know such awesome and caring people; I will most definitely miss them.

No comments: