Monday, October 3, 2011

SAT's at Placer

This past Saturday was one of the last few opportunities for seniors to take the SAT’s. Because I registered late there was no seats left at Rocklin and so I was forced to choose the closest available spot, Placer High School in Auburn. Saturday morning I woke up much earlier than my friends taking the test at Rocklin and began my half hour drive up to Auburn with my MapQuest directions in hand. After one missed turn and some confusing directions I eventually found the high school. It was about 7:40 a.m. and the parking closest to the library was full. I then had to drive down the street a ways, park by the track, and walk the few blocks back up to the school. When I arrived at the library I found my room assignment (room 525). Never having been to the school and not knowing anyone to ask for help, I had no idea where it was. But with the help of a few signs and a teacher I was able to get to my room on time. The test went pretty smoothly, although the time seemed to drag on forever. About three-fourths of the way through the test, the power went out in the classroom. Luckily I was near a window and it wasn’t too dark, but the disruption had interrupted my thoughts. The test proctor added a minute onto our time to make up for the outage, but the power remained out for the remainder of the test. Finally at 12:40 we were released to go home. Finding my way back to the freeway was difficult but I finally found the on-ramp I needed and, at last, I was on my way home.

No comments: