Monday, October 10, 2011

Lion King 3D

Last Tuesday, I saw Lion King 3D with my cousin and mom at Blue Oaks. It was pretty great; the Lion King is definitely one of my favorite movies of all time. I watched it practically everyday of my childhood. Classic Disney movies are so hilariously witty. My mom, cousin, and I laughed through most of the movie, but the rest of the auditorium, mostly little kids, didn't seem to get the jokes. It's weird to think that the first time some of the small children of today saw the Lion King was in 3D. Disney's cool for bringing a classic into the new era with 3D effects, but it didn't radically change the movie experience that much.

Now that the Disney movies of our childhood are considered 'classics,' it's hard to imagine new movies being created with as much class. It seems like Disney's high time was the 90's; except for Tangled. Tangled was brilliant. The other day I was watching Popeye and discovered that it first came out in 1936. My mom used to watch it in French when she was a kid, and I watched it when I was younger as well. Right now it doesn't seem that anything recent will be around for over 70 years to come. In my opinion, the best cartoons are the oldies -- before they became gross and barbaric.

No comments: