Thursday, December 23, 2010

Real or Fake?

So my favorite show right now is 16 and Pregnant on MTV. I think its a really great show I feel that it is showing us teens with out kids that parenting, especially at a young age, is not as easy as it looks. I think that it is capable of preventing teenage pregnancy around the U.S. However in some cases I feel that it could promote it because young teens are watching this show and seeing how some of the girls on 16 and pregnant are also getting on to a similar show teen mom, they might see this as stardom. I think that some girls are so desperate for fame that they would be willing to get pregnant at 16, just so they could get their 15 minutes of fame. Hopefully this is not what the world has come to.

Even though 16 and Pregnant is supposed to be a reality show I don't feel that parts of the show are entirely real. On every single episode there is always a scene where the pregnant girl is chatting with her friends and her friends are always just awkwardly drilling her with questions. The questions vary from "what was your reaction when you first found out?" "Are you and ___ still together?" "What are you going to do after the baby is born?" "When are you going to come back to school?" You get the gist, I don't know about other people but when I'm with my friends we have a conversation we don't usually awkwardly ask each other a million questions. That part of the show just seems like MTV planned for the girls friends to come over and told them what questions to ask. Overall the rest of the show seems pretty real which is good.

Anyway some people I know feel that the show is completely fake and everyone on the show are just actors. Who knows? Either way the show is extremely entertaining and I will continue to watch it even if its all fake:)

No comments: