Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Blogs are just really great for when you need to vent and relieve stress...

Junior year has been off to a bad start, but thank goodness it's halfway over. You know, for a while, I thought I was the only one who cried myself to sleep, or cried at the thought of homework and AP tests, but this week, with finals coming up and teachers piling on the projects, it has become more apparent to me that there are a lot of people who care very much about their grades who are also struggling. Just like me they cry over a failed test and don't get any sleep and I seriously just want to give them a big hug and cry with them.

This has been the worst year so far academically. Socially, I guess, too since I don't really have a social life anymore. I guess failing every AP math and AP chem test (math and science being my favorite subjects)has really taken an emotional toll on me. Subconsiously, these "failures" have made me come to think I actually am a failure. I hate how hard I am on myself, but I can't help it. School was what I was good at, always getting straight As, and now I feel as if I don't have anything going of me. My confidence has really been hurt. For example, I don't want to be a doctor or a math teacher anymore because I obviously don't understand mathematical or scientific concepts anymore. I've become afraid of hard work and stress because of what it does to me.

But we have a week and a half left. So for everyone else who feels this way and who may have even more weight on their shoulders than I do, here is an inspiring quote that I heard Mrs. Cutts say today: "Think of stress as being a huge wave and your're on a surf board. The bigger the wave, the better the ride."
Happy almost winter break! Two weeks off with 2011 just around the corner. Hopefully next semester is a better chapter in all of our lives.

ahhhh I feel much better now:)

3 comments:

Amanda C. said...

Dearest Natalie,

I want to give you the biggest hug right now. You are a talented, kind, and beautiful editor and I admire you in so many ways. You have so much going for you, just don't give up or lose motivation. It will all pay off and maybe we will be journalistic, french-speaking, Catholic nurses together at ucla.

♥ Amanda

Brit said...

It's all going to get better :) I'm so sorry today, and this year have been a pain. I'm in the same boat in the stress and lack of sleep department. The break and new semester will make it nicer

:) Brit

Franchesca said...

Whenever I'm stressed I always listen to "Three little birds" by Bob Marley. It just melts the stress away, so hopefully that helps:)