Friday, December 10, 2010

Presentation disaster

Today I did my Identity speech for Advanced Language arts. Lets just say it didn't go well. I actually was supposed to go next class but a kid ended up being sick so at the last minute my teacher emailed me telling me that I had to go today in place of him, and I have that class first block.

So just imagine getting all your stuff ready for school so relieved that you don't have to do your speech then all the sudden you get an email saying you are expected to go in literally 10 minutes. Thankfully my speech was already written because originally I was scheduled to go today then someone wanted to switch with me so I woke up this morning expecting to do my speech on Tuesday but no, some kid who was "sick" messed everyone all up.

I actually considered pretending that I didn't get my teachers email, but me being the kind, honest person that I am, decided that I didn't want to mess the schedule of speeches and frankly I just wanted to get it over with.

So there I am at 7:35 reading this email at home, totally freaking out because I didn't really practice my speech all that much. I was planning on memorizing it this weekend but obviously that didn't happen. So if this morning couldn't get any worse I end up having to run to class with a huge poster in my hands.

And all that running with the poster was all a waste, because I was so nervous that I actually forgot to put my visual up. So when I get to the part in my speech where I talk about my poster, literally all that was going through my mind was... Ohhhhhhh Crap! so I ended up walking to my desk in the middle of my speech to get my poster. Kind of weird that I forgot to bring it up with me right, I mean its only a huge poster!

So anyway hopefully my teacher takes into consideration how last minute this whole presentation was and doesn't grade me to harshly!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

franchesaaa~! you did great :) no sweat about it; i'm sure he'll grade you nicely too!