Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Hate Sick Days

While many of my peers may enjoy sick days, I absolutely dread them. I feel as though I am so so behind on so many things and it does not help that I had to take a sick day just a week and three days before the semester ends. On top of it all, I have about fifty relatives coming over tomorrow for a family reunion. As much as I love my family, the preparation for this weekend is always a little stressful. My mom and I have become in charge of buying everything to make the tamales, anything Mexican themed, and Christmas presents for the younger kids. Oh and don't forget cleaning that is regulated by an almost OCD mother.
But now I have time to do all these things while I'm sick. Ugh.
Or...maybe I will just catch up on homework and watch TV. Ya I think that's what I will do haha. I've already watched a ton of TV that I recorded from yesterday. I decided to honor my favorite celebrity's death last night so I recorded every John Lennon program I could find. So today I have watched about three biographies about him, A Hard Day's Night, and Imagine. That actually has been pretty fun.
But thank God tomorrow is Friday. I will be back at school and ready for the weekend and then the final week of school before CHRISTMAS BREAK! :)

2 comments:

Franchesca said...

I feel the same way! I would rather go to school sick, because at least I'm not behind on all the work.

Anthony Roberts said...

i will second that franchesca ! i hate being sick so much