Monday, March 22, 2010

San Diego

This past weekend I went on a journey to the wonderous, marvelous land of San Diego. On Friday afternoon I went to SDSU for the honors students reception. I didn't quite know what to expect from it, but it ended up being very beneficial. I felt that it was a unique experience to be able to hear from the actual students, advisors, and professors, instead of trying to learn everything from the web page. On Saturday was Explore SDSU, essentially an oppen house of the entire campus. I didn't expect that to be extaordinarily helpful and surprisingly it was! The whole campus was covered with tents, booths, and tables representing some of the clubs and programs on campus. I got to explore around some of the buildings and lecture halls and decided to sit in on a Biolgoy presentation. As of now that is my intended major, but after this weekend, seeing all of my options, it could change. SDSU has been one of my top choices since I took a tour of the campus spring break last year. As a student who has always been on the UC track I never expected to be considering a CSU so strongly, but there's just something about that school that pulls me in. Now to make a decision...oh brother :)

No comments: