Friday, March 26, 2010

Not Allowed to Walk to School

I live in Hillcrest which is right next to the school. Everyday I used walk to and from school using the pathway next to the Hillcrest community pool and it would only take about 7 minutes. Trust me, I timed it. I loved walking. It was peaceful and gave me time to myself or to talk with friends if i walked with them. There has been a history of problems with this according to the Whitney Oaks Association. Yeah, I understand that they don't want people coming in from outside of the community to use it as an entrance to the school and that they don't want cars parking by the pool but am I really doing any harm by simply walking to school? My mother has been to board meetings and even made a petition but the Association looks pretty set on keeping us from walking. Now, they have a security guard and plan on closing off the gate. So, I have to waste time and money and take the lazy way by driving to school.

No comments: