Sunday, March 21, 2010

Retirement Home Party!

Last Friday, we had our CSF spring project at Casa de Santa Fe. We did a St. Patrick's Day themed party. There was live music, cookies, games and socializing time. It was overall a huge success. All the people there truly enjoyed the string quartet and piano.

This was a great experience, as it was something I've never done before. After music and cookies, everyone broke for either games or to stay and talk to some of the CSF volunteers who helped. I sat down to talk to a man sitting on the couch alone. At first, he did not really feel like talking, but after a few minutes, he started telling me all kinds of interesting stories from when he was younger and about his children and grandchildren. We ended up talking for about 45 minutes, and I really enjoyed getting the opportunity to talk to him. It was so interesting to hear what he had to say, and I hope I will be able to go back sometime!

No comments: