Saturday, September 14, 2013

Watching from the Sidelines

A week ago I wrote a story for web about preseason injuries and being out for a few games. This morning, I felt the exact feeling that I interviewed others about.

I run Cross Country, and the past week my knee has been injured. This morning we had our first invitational. I wasn't able to run, but i cheered on other runners. It was really hard watching all of my friends run past. Usually I hate racing. It's stressful and I hate the pressure. Today, I wanted nothing more than to go out there and sprint the entire two miles. Not that I could have, but I wanted to.

Wednesday is our next meet, and although it's my least favorite course, I'm still super excited to be out there racing again, no matter how much it stresses me out! I never realized how much I love running until I had to go a week of practice and an invitational without doing it.

1 comment:

emccrary said...

Wow! That is pretty ironic! I am glad you feel better though!!!