Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Bram Stoker may be a genius

This weekend, besides procrastinating on homework, I started and finished my language arts book that is due at the end of the quarter. I need to get my priorities straight. I just could not put it down!
The book I chose from our list was Dracula by Bram Stoker (the original Dracula book) and might I say, it was phenomenal! It starts of a little bit slow, but definitely picks up. It was so cleverly written and has so many twist and turns. The story itself was a thriller and I love thrillers! I know that vampires aren't exactly exciting anymore, but this book reminded me of why they became so popular (you know, before Twilight). I never would have expected Dracula to be soo good, but it surpassed my expectations by a long shot. It is a book I might find myself reading again, but for now, onto book two! Maybe The Odyssey?

1 comment:

Aedha Koneio said...

I agree, Dracula is one of the best books I've ever read! When I first read it, I didn't actually expect I would like it so much. It's sooo much better than vampire novels these days.