Thursday, September 12, 2013

This Girl Changed My Life

So for some reason today I cannot get Eveline out of my head. She is four years old and lives in Ensenada, Mexico. I met her over last Spring Break on our Mission Trip. She just stole my heart. She lives in extreme poverty being raised by her seven year old sister and the local church. Yet she was so happy and loving, at time I felt that she was protecting me more than I was her. She was always dancing and laughing with me, she stole my heart. This year over spring there is a chance I will see her again but the chances are slim because of the constant movement of the families to find work. It just is so hard to care for someone but feel helpless with her everyday needs. But I feel hopeful that I will see her soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The greatest things can happen on mission trips :) I know exactly how you feel!

Aedha Koneio said...

I think that's what make mission trips so amazing. The people you meet during them can completely change your life. She looks like such an adorable little girl :)

emccrary said...

Wow. That is so cool that you were able to have that experience...a really touching story.