Friday, September 13, 2013

Coolest thing about my family...

I miss Britain so badly!
This house (the white one) is the house my grandfather grew up in. I think it was built in the early 1800's but I'm not exactly sure. I guess I could google it, but that's a lot of effort.  It was on a street called Rhydycar in Merthyr Tydfil (where my dad grew up). It's in a museum in Wales called Sain Ffagons near Cardiff. It's super old, and I saw the outdoor toilet... the weird thing is, is that my dad remembers actually staying in the house and using the toilet, and in the winter they had to use a hammer to crack the ice on the toilet. I know. It's insane. 


MerthyrTydfil_RhydycarCottages_3.JPG (104950 bytes)This is what the house looked like a really long time ago when my great-grandmother lived there. It's kinda old.
This is a book about the street because it's historic, blah blah blah but the cool part is that my great-grandfather was a professional wrestler and a strong man in a circus and he's in the book! There are actually a couple books about Welsh history that have pictures of my family on them: fun fact about me. 

<<< that's him. Can you see the family resemblance?

And I couldn't figure out how to make this not sideways, but oh well. The most hilarious thing in my life, is that as my dad was flipping through this book, he saw the women on the left, and was like, "I remember her!" Yeah. The women who looks like she is in colonial dress. Yeah. My dad knew her. She lived in the house next door. I mean just LOOK at her! 


The End.


1 comment:

Aedha Koneio said...

Oh wow, that's really amazing! It's really cool how your family has such an awesome history. And having history books with pictures of your family in them? Now THAT'S pretty impressive.