Sunday, September 8, 2013

Kids these days

My little brother invited his friend, let's call this friend Bryan, over for the weekend. Normally, when kids go over for a sleepover, they are nice to those hosting the sleepover. No, this kid was just flat out rude. I love kids and all, but Bryan aggravated me so badly, I nearly cried tears of  joy when he left.
First, he tried too destroy our furniture and all things that we value. Seriously, who does that? He tried to throw my rain stick that I made in ceramics down the stairs. No way that was happening! That thing took me so freaking long to make freshman year.
Then, he pushed my two year old sister down and tried to run over her in her own toy car (you know, the one's kids can drive in). Thank goodness for him, my mother did not see, but my dad did. My dad took my brother and Bryan to the movies to keep him away from my little sisters.
When they came back to go to bed, Bryan was scared. I felt kind of bad for him. He told my mother he wanted to sleep on the couch upstairs (instead of a bed) with my brother and that he wanted her to sleep on the floor near them. She did, but once she laid down, Bryan started telling her to leave and that he couldn't sleep with her there and that she was so rude. Wtf? I was in the room next to the loft just listening. I was tempted to tell him that there was a ghost in the loft or something, but even if I wanted to, I could never intentionally scare a ten year old, no matter how bratty they are.
Is it just boys or are kids getting ruder and ruder with each generation? My sister's friends do not act like that, but it seems that most of they boys my brother invites over have no boundaries.

No comments: