Sunday, September 1, 2013

Camp Winthers

This weekend I went to Camp Winthers with my XC team. It was such an amazing week. As I sit here and bask in the glory of spider-free rooms, real mattresses, and private showers, I can't help but missing camp already.

Our team left Friday at lunch and we returned today around five. Those few days were so full of the most amazing things. We hiked around a lake, leaped over muddy ditches (which is more fun than it sounds), jumped into ice-cold lake water, stayed up until the small hours of the morning, went on the most quad-working hike you'll ever encounter, ate delicious food, acted out some ridiculous skits, and had some excellent team-bonding time.

Perhaps the best part was the time trial. Sure, it was the hardest I've run for a long time. Sure, due to the smoke and elevation I felt like I could barely breathe. And sure it was the hilliest course I'll ever be unfortunate enough run, but it was amazing. It was such a good feeling to see the improvement of speed in just a year's time, which really worked to motivate me for upcoming league meets and invitationals.

In the end, I guess I'm just saying that there's no doubt I'll be back again next year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like it was fun!

Sabrina W said...

Congrats on your race Sarah! I love that feeling of improvement. So sad it was my last year :'(