Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lines for varsity

    Players feel the nerves when they are playing but imagine what the refs feel. I called the lines for the Rocklin vs El Camino varsity volleyball games. Balls were flying at me. People were booing while I stood on the in/out line calling what I saw. Musky scared me when I called what I saw and he saw it differently. As we went through the games I was standing there thinking I want varsity to win but I also wanna go home. The struggle. Eventually varsity fought back. While I was being fair but I prayed that whenever they hit that it is either so far in or out that it was obvious. Most of the time they were but there were those moments where I wanted to run out of the gym crying cause I don't want to mess up. This game probably aged me about ten years because of the stress a worry I felt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting point of view! Never thought of how the refs felt about the games.