Tuesday, August 23, 2011

scared.

There is one thing that I am absolutely terrified of.
It's not spiders, or kidnappers, heights, or the dark.
I am completely and utterly terrified of growing up. And I can feel it getting closer and becoming an even more legitimate fear with each passing day. Last Sunday, my older brother left for college in Oregon, and my other brother will be leaving for UNR this Thursday. I'm already miserable, just thinking about life without them in the house.
The thing is, it's not just that I'm sad that they're leaving, even though I'm going to miss them terribly. It's that nagging thought that my childhood is coming to a close.
I keep thinking, "Wow, pretty soon here, things will never be the same."
I think of Christmas mornings when we were little, waking each other up early in the morning to go check our stockings. Or I think of last week, all three of us eating ice cream in the kitchen at 2 AM, talking about our lives. And it sucks that we're getting older, and moving on...
And I'm just really scared.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

As one of 5 kids, I get it. I was crushed when my older sister went to college and I became oldest. But through the years my relationships with my siblings have grown in such wonderful ways I feel blessed. cn