Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Seniority

Being a senior seems to be much easier than any other year I've been at RHS. Maybe because I have less classes? Maybe because I'm used to all the clutter and chaos.
Either way, I feel like its very bittersweet. Pretty soon I'll be trading this campus for another one and I'll be out on my own. Before I know it, I'll be done with college and getting married and having a family. As exciting as it all is, it's also very intimidating and scary. We don't realize how vunerable we are to the real world, the "adult" world.
I mean, I'm sure with the help of my family, friends, and boyfriend, things will be perfectly fine. With them around, I can keep the happiness I have now. Piece a' cake.
But, still, it's very hard to not give into the stress and worry of the future. I keep telling myself to live each day, one at a time. I keep telling myself to focus on the happy things. Keep the ones that make me happy close. I think that's the only thing we can do, as young adults, to achieve and concur the stresses of life.
I just can't believe I'm a senior. Last time I checked I was a freshman with braces and I had no idea where I was going in the future. Now, I know exactly what I want and have in life, I definitely don't have braces, and I'm a senior! I can't wait to graduate.
At the same time, though, like I said before, it's very bittersweet. I'll definitely be crying at the senior rally.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Savor every minute. It's a really fun year.