Thursday, August 25, 2011

Off to Do Much Bigger and Better Things

It feels just like yesterday when you were playing hide-and-go-seek tag with them. Making homemade forts with them. Playing Dance Dance Revolution with them.

But today, the realization hits you hard. They're gone. They're off into the unknown. The only weapon they have to combat the forces of this unforeseen entity is the small knowledge they have about the future.

As of 10 am this morning, my brother leaves for college. He's been my guide, my mentor, my words of wisdom. He's not gone forever, they tell me. But a week without him here feels like 20 years. He's my shoulder to lean on. My comic relief. My high school counselor.

Despite the tearful farewell I bid him today before leaving school, I couldn't be more proud and happy of him and what he's done. He deserves to enjoy those 4 years at LMU. Deserves to see the world by himself.

He's off to bigger and better things...

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Yes he does... and so will you. cn