Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer ☼

So today was the last day of the little kid summer school I volunteer at. It was really sad :(. I going to miss all of these kids! This was my 3rd year doing it, and it was by far the best year so far. There were only two volunteers, 1 teacher, and 1 aid in the room, so I was always busy. In previous years, there were 5 volunteers, 1 aid, and 1 teacher. I was SO bored those years. Plus, I've gotton a lot closer to the kids this year. I was with 2-3rd graders again this year, and it was great! My first year doing summer school, I was with 5th graders. This was the summer before my freshman year, so the SUPER DUPER WEIRD PART is that when I'm a senior, those 5th graders will be FRESHMAN! Which is super weird because the kids were kids -- little kids, and next year they will be high schoolers. That is bizarre. Especially since 1 kid kept hugging the volunteers, and I know his elementary school was Twin Oaks which eventually goes to Rocklin, so I sorta hope I see him! It will be a VERY strange feeling though.

2 comments:

Liz said...

It sounds like you had a lot of good times with that class!! Are you going to be excited to see the kid at RHS? But that DOES sound super duper weird, but at the same time, it sounds rewarding because you saw them once and you got to help them, and now you'll be able to see them again and how well they've been doing! But your summer seems to be great so far, hope you've had fun!

Rverma said...

I remember our volunteering back in 2010....I didn't realize the age difference between us and them was that small. Have fun watching Tyler enter high school :)