Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cien años de soledad...

So today, my family and I went to go relax and read at Barnes and Noble for a while. I decided to use that time to continue reading One Hundred Years of Solitude, one of the many books I have to read over the summer for AP Lit. However, I could not find it in the Literature section. So I walked over to the foreign language section and found a copy of Cien años de soledad (the original Spanish version), sat down, and started reading it. That went interestingly... It's weird to start a book in one language and then continue reading it in another. Also I'm much better at English than I am at Spanish, so I had to read a lot slower. There was a lot of vocabulary I had to take an educated guess at. But for the most part, I understood it. Thank you, 4 years of Spanish classes, for saving me from having to go find an employee and ask him where the English version of the book was.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

hahaha that's pretty interesting. At least you could mostly comprehend what the book was about. :)

/ said...

WHAT?! THAT'S AWESOME:D