Monday, December 31, 2012

The Wait

A few minutes ago, I sent in my application to MIT, marking my last college application (unless I for some reason make a last-minute decision to apply to another school during what little remains of 2012). The college application process has been a bit nerve-wracking, although it is a nice boost to your ego to have to explain in full detail why you are smart/talented/organized/awesome enough to be admitted to various institutions. Well, now 10 colleges will have the pleasure of looking over my record and several pieces of my writing (I feel like I've typed out the equivalent of a small novella in the past few months). And I will have the pleasure of waiting for them to make their decision.

I don't like this type of waiting much. I'm usually a calm and collected person, but when it comes to academics, I'm the type of person who'll pay 8 bucks to hear their AP scores two weeks earlier than everyone else. But here I have no choice. University of the Pacific should email me sometime soon with their decision. If I qualify for one of USC's top scholarships, I'll get my decision and an invitation to interview in late January. Same deal with U.C. Berkeley, except for it will be more like early February. Everything else will come around March and April. That 4 months seems like an eternity right now.

 Well, I'll just have to occupy myself with academics, extracurriculars, scholarship applications, and the many forms required for financial aid at all the colleges I just applied to. 2013 here I come...Happy New Year!

No comments: