Friday, December 14, 2012

Surreality

There are no words to express how true my sorrow is for the families that have lost a member of their family today in Connecticut. If you haven't heard, there was a shooting at an elementary school. An ELEMENTARY school. What kind of sick person kills a bunch of innocent children?

I've heard several tidbits of the story. Last I heard, one of the shooters was shot. Last I heard, 27 were pronounced dead. It's hard for anybody to wrap their minds around it. The teachers that heard or read about it were taken aback. I know I was.

I know I say that I don't like children. However, there's not a doubt in my mind that they should die. Their lives, cut short, by two men.... How anybody can do such a thing, I can't tell you. I can't tell you why they would do it, not that it matters because it doesn't change the fact that teachers and students were killed.

The shooter was 20 years old. Barely an adult. Not even.

I'm still in shock, honestly. If I were a parent, I couldn't even begin to think of what I'd say or think or feel. My heart goes out to all of them, for their lives will never be the same.

I know that this story does not necessarily pertain to me and my life, but I can't ignore such a thing. How could anyone?

I'm sorry such a thing happens. I wish the best.

No comments: