Wednesday, December 19, 2012

In The Event Of Cold, Don't Apply Lotion

So you always hear about if you're on fire, don't run around, no matter how logical it may seem. Well, here's my tip to you to help you through the cold/flu season:  don't apply lotion.

Well, I have a cold. I feel gross and let's face it, my nose looks worse. All red and whatnot (is that why Rudolph's nose is red? He just had a cold? Hmm, interesting.)

Oh, congrats Devin. I wish I had an iPad.

Back to the point, my nose...it hurts! I kept rubbing it because Nichols doesn't have tissues and I had to persevere with those stupid bathroom towels that are hard and rub your nose raw. Pereira didn't either, so I just kept sniffling. Then, I had a quiz in Wecky's class, and of course there were none. I went to Kirk's room and pretty much stole the whole box (not really). Anyways, half-way through the quiz, I used up all of the tissues! Nooo! It was horrible. My nose be dripping everywhere. Soooo gross. Anyways, I have no tissues at home. [Insert really sad Julie face here.]

My nose hurt when I came home, but I had a realization. People often advise to put lotion to help your nose and stop the pain, HOWEVER, I say otherwise. I have so many lotions in my house, it's ridiculous. So of course, I figured if the lotion is going on my nose, then I'd want to smell the best-smelling one. BUT that lotion didn't contain any sort of healing stuff in it. Oh, the pain. I quickly washed it off, optimistic that the next one I chose would be better. It had Vitamin E in it and some other stuff that I didn't care about, but the Vitamin E got me. I put that on, only to find the same results. Only, it was about 3 times worse than before. I again washed it off of my upper lip and nose, looking for a lotion with Aloe Vera, which is my friend in times like this. Or supposed to be. I found one that didn't smell as appetizing as the first two, but oh well, I thought, I'll feel better. No! It still hurt, at first it was soothing, but the truth came to me, no lotion will make my lip feel better. I still feel some tingling, but now I ran into a new problem. I can't blow my nose because if I do, then I'd just wipe off the pain and suffering I just applied. I can't go through that again, I just can't!

The point to this: lotion isn't a good idea. It burns and aches and you can't blow your nose.

I had my whole day planned out, but this cold makes me drowsier than ever (not that I'm already drowsy normally). I have a sore throat, mild coughing, I breath like a creeper, headache, sniffles, and let's not forget the fact that I'm overly-emotional. I think I cried about 6 times throughout the school day. That's bad. I laugh at things that aren't funny, I cry at things I shouldn't have to, and I look like I don't understand what's going on around me.

Mock Trial caroling tomorrow! That'll make me feel so much better <-sarcasm. I'll have my little white tights and an over-sized sweatshirt with blankets surrounding me inside so I can stay warm. If it rains, I'm just going home. But faculty follies! I really want to watch it! I didn't have the opportunity last year to go, but I shall prevail through my sickness and conquer what I must. Hopefully, I'm so procrastinating on the homework I missed from Monday right now.

A nap calls to me though. Oh no, I have my driving test tomorrow! I'm so nervous, I know I'm a good driver, but the thought of some intimidating person sitting next to me writing whatever he wants and possibly failing me if I don't do something 100% makes me not want to go through with it. So nervous! Wish this girly luck!

1 comment: