Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

So yesterday was Valentine's Day. Personally, my favorite day of the year. I love love. The fact that there is a day dedicated to showing how much you care for someone facinates me. I think this should be every day, but February 14th is widely recognized and brings joy so I have no problem with it whatsoever. All the girls walking around with their roses and chocolates only make all the singles wish they had a significant other. Some may find it depressing, I know I had in years past, but it's so much more than a commerical holiday. My boyfriend and I couldn't be together to celebrate so we had dinner over skype. Valentine's Day is all about showing the people you care most about exactly what they mean to you and spending the day with the ones that you love. My Valentine's was not ideal, since I couldn't be with him physically (and I woke up at 4 a.m. to buy prom tickets), but we were still connected and I got to spend the day with family and friends so it was still perfect. Valentine's Day is still and will continue my favorite day of the entire year as long as my potentially unhealthy amount of faith in the power of love stays strong. Can't wait for next year :)

No comments: