Monday, February 28, 2011

Furlough Break

It's the first day back from break and I'm feeling a little tired. I can't complain though because this was probably one of my favorite breaks besides this past summer break. I did so much this break, so I never had that "I'm bored. I miss my friends at school," feeling.
Friday through Sunday I was lucky enough to go visit a couple colleges. Friday I visited the University of San Francisco for the second time. I was so excited to see USF again because it is my dream school. I love the urban setting and the campus is absolutely beautiful. Saturday, I visited Saint Mary's and loved it so much. (Devin loved that I loved it too. haha.) I loved the small feeling of the school and how friendly the students were. Lastly, on Sunday, I visited Santa Clara University. The school was a perfect mix of old and modern, was medium sized, and somewhere between suburban and urban. It was great.
Then Sunday night as I was driving home, I received a text from my best friend inviting me to go bowling. So I literally went home, changed, then headed out to Strike's, where I bowled the best game of my life. Then the rest of the week she slept over and we just had a good time.
I had fun everyday this week, but yesterday was definitely my favorite. I went over to my friends new house and helped her unpack into her new room. Then we snuck out and met up with a few friends. We discovered a new place on the Hillcrest trail with a rope swing and hung out there for hours.
All in all, I had a great break and wish it could never end.

1 comment:

Brit said...

Oh wow, a very productive break.
This reminds me of how much I need to go visit colleges. Unfortunately, a number of my top choices are out of state :/