Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year!

it's finally January of 2013!!! I am both unbelievably excited and scared out of my wits. This year is going to be filled with loads of reading, writing, and deciding on which college to go to.
Is it bad that now that I am 'growing up', I want to be a child again? Can I just focus on what I got for Christmas and the excitement of everything else while not making my mind go crazy at the unforeseeable future? Why yes, yes i can, because it is a NEW YEAR. I know that new years resolutions are always made but never done, so that is why I am making my only resolution to be this: do the best I can. It's not the big of a thing to complete, and at the same time, I can do it at almost everything because it is what I already do.
(Does that make me a cheater?)
I don't care. I am going to be a happy camper because of this. I mean, I could have put down the usual stuff that never gets done, but I wanted it to be a goal, not something I SHOULD be doing. So my official list (so far) looks like this:
1. Do your best
2. Watch every Disney movie you own before New Years this year.
3. Read every book you haven't yet read that you own before buying another (this rule is now a permanent fixture in my life because I have this thing about buying 5 new books before I finished reading the other 6 that are still on my shelf).
4. Don't fool yourself, just be you. (Obvious and cliche but give me a break, gotta remind myself to do things for me, not for others, some of the time).
5. Be more active

And so on and so forth. Maybe my next one should be: don't get mad at my alarm clock for waking me up for school..... I'm going to be needing that one in about 5 days....

No comments: