Sunday, December 13, 2009

RIP

It happened again, in only a matter of weeks. Another life, another friend snatched away. It only leaves me wondering "Why now?" and "who's next?" I've never experienced the death of a school mate until high school. Freshmen and sophomore year = 5 lives. Even though I didn't know them that well, I can still remember them being in the same room as me, or sitting on the same bench with me. First comes shock, then the anger, then the bargaining, then the realization that there is nothing I can really do. Then I go back to school, the voice over the speaker delivers the news and everyone is upset again. The teachers try to lighten the mood, and as weeks eventually go by, the school is back to their high spirits. Of course, my thoughts drift back to the subject, but it's different now. It feels as if they just went on a long vacation, or they moved far away because their impact on the people they smiled at, laughed with, and loved, still remain. They will never be forgotten. RIP.

4 comments:

KryptoChicken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KryptoChicken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RHS Flash said...

Well written, Natalie. cn

Emily said...

These past couple of weeks have taught me that life can be unexpectantly short and that I should impact people in the best way that I can. As Danielle always said: Take a risk, make a memory!!