Friday, December 4, 2009

Journalism Lecture

Yesterday, I went to listen to Mr. Nichols' friend, Bobby Hawthorne. To be honest, I did not expect it to be all that interesting but it ended up being a lot of fun and I felt like I walked away with a whole, new understanding of journalism. Mr. Hawthorne made it very funny and entertaining. He really broke it down and helped us to understand. He went through lots of examples of good and bad journalism which were really helpful. He also stressed that fact that for good journalism, you have to look beyond the obvious and write about things that are will be new and exciting to the reader. I am really glad that I went and felt that it was very helpful.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Love the honesty, and your willingness to listen. Bobby makes it fun, and funny. But the bottom line is finding stories. cn