Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Friend is an Idiot.

On Wednesday, I helped my friend make cupcakes for his girlfriend for Christmas. Because I can't drive anyone yet (legally), and his parents refused to take him my friend made the brilliant decision to walk there.
Now this wouldn't have been to bad if I had the proper warm clothing, but the weather that day was warm, and being short on time, I decided I would wear flip flops and shorts. We walked for about 45 minutes to get there only to find that not only was she not there. My friend had forgotten to call her to confirm that she was even at her house.
When we got to her house to find no one was there, for some reason my friend keeps calling his girlfriend, and she wouldn't answer. We sat outside on her porch, in the freezing cold, for an hour before he finally gave up.
The worst part was that his parents would not drive us home so we had to walk the 45 minutes back to his house where I could get in my car and drive home. When I got to my car I drove as fast as I could back to my house and walked into my house and I realized that the bottom of one of both of my feet were numb, as were a couple of my toes. For 10 minutes they would not warm up so I went to the bathtub and filled it up with hot water where I was finally able to nurse my feet back to health. All because my friend was to dumb to make a phone call.

1 comment:

RHS Flash said...

Oh what fools we mortals be... both as friends and for love. Funny story.