Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hello Journalists! My name is Kate-
I decided to post something about the arts. This summer as everyone knows "The Dark Knight" came out. Newspapers hailed it as the late Heath Ledger's last film role. It is customary to take well researched journalist's words on most matters for the truth. However, as some of you may know, "The Dark Knight" will not be his last film role.
My brother Cameron, who is really into film, is the one who introduced me to Terry Gilliam. Some of you may recognize the name from Monty Python. but I recognize it from a few fantastical 80's movie called "Time Bandits," and "The Adventures of Barron Munchausen." But his most well known is probably "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." (He writes screenplays and he directs).
And in the next year theaters like the Tower and the Crest (usually home to more of the "artsy" or foriegn films) will bear his newest creation, "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus." In which an acting troupe interact with the devil and a magical mirror and in which Heath Ledger had filmed a few scences as a main character Tony. After his death it seemed like the movie would not go on. However, incredibly enough big name actors Jude Law, Colin Ferrell, and Johnny Depp have stepped forward to add their performances to Heath Leadger's. This seems like a true honor. With it's new creative direction and an artisticly recasted Tony this film will be no less than fantastic. Hope I see you guys at the Tower opening night!!!

2 comments:

Raoul Duke said...

Oh Terry. You beast of a man. He also directed '12 Monkeys', one of my personal favorites

tanya said...

I definitely heard about that, but I didn't know any details about the movie. Heath Ledger dying has taken the world by storm and publisized the Dark Knight more than it would have been if he hadn't died. But I've seen that movie 3 times so far and his performance gets to me every single time!