Saturday, August 2, 2008

At The Farm

Because my grandparents live in the Bay area, my family doesn't really get to see them all of the time. Whenever we see them, it's usually in the summer because my mom and I have close birthdays. Anyway, we decided to meet in Lodi so that it wouldn't be a long drive. Lodi is known for its excellent wineries and large vineyards; we looked into a place called Michael and David, which was on a small farm. We started the day by having lunch, (which was excellent!) in their cafe and tasted a slice of their delicious apricot pie. Then we went on the farm, with its amazing French garden gazebos and beautiful flowers. When my mom pointed out that their were farm animals, my sister and I were really anxious to see them. I hadn't been to a farm or a zoo in a while, so it was so cool. First we noticed baby rabbits, which were extremely cute, a pony, roosters and chickens, turkeys, goats, and a large ram ( it was so huge with big horns!). It was just so much fun and a different experience for me, because it's so much different from Rocklin. Shortly, I had an adventurous day and was happy to see a farm and my grandparents.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Sounds like a beautiful place that you went to. I love animals and thats so exciting that you saw all of the different ones.
See you soon!

Karin said...

That sounds like so much fun! I don't think I've ever been to a farm like that one, but I'd love to! Enjoy your last few days of being 15!