Wednesday, August 13, 2008

back to school

Hi everyone. With school coming up on Tuesday, it makes me wonder how summer went by so fast! I was kind of in denial about school coming up, but with LINK training, it has been a wake up call that I still have homework to do. Having finished half of my homework with difficulty of staying focused, I wonder if the length of the vacation has affected my memory and working skills. Kids in cities like London have approximately a month long summer and longer breaks throughout the year and I've been thinking that is probably a better idea for students to be more productive at the start of a new school year. Of course that schedule has pros and cons, but 3 months is a very long time, of which I can't remember anything I learned last year in math, which has become a problem. I think that the school board should take into consideration the length of time, and if they do choose to shorten it, they must increase all of our other vacations such as Winter Break, Thanksgiving Break, and defnitely Spring Break. I'm not saying I don't LOVE three months of doing nothing, but if there is going to be AP summer homework, I need more refreshers. So with that, I'm dreading this upcoming very difficult year, and the only excitement I can find is probably this class and getting my license!

2 comments:

hayley said...

I went to a high school that was modified year round like that. it sounds like a good thing, but when you have to start school in july, it really sucks.

however, the 2 week breaks randomly dispersed throughout the year were always nice.

Jimmy said...

UGH! Is it time already? I enjoyed my summer break.

I just wish that it wouldn't go by so fast!