Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Allergies

The other day, I heard that if you repeat the word "fish" when you have to sneeze, the tingly "Igottasneeze, man" feeling goes away.

Fishfishfishfishfishfish.

My allergies, and the allergies of at least 5 million people around the world are acting up due to the arrival of Spring. Today, I forgot to take my Loratadine and I'm suffering. My eyes itch, my nose is running, and I keep sneezing.

Fishfishfishfishfishfish.

I think the worst part is the eyes. Mis ojos are sore and swollen, and it hurts to blink. And they're watery, so it looks like I'm crying and therefore in need of unecessary pity. So why do allergies exist again? Evidently, they are a symptom of allergens in plants and animals irritating the delicate tissues in your body, or something of the like. Either way, they come with the Spring and its plants and baby animals.

Fishfishfishfishfishfish.

I can't wait till Fall, honestly. Although then school will start, and I'll be just as irritated.

4 comments:

Erika said...

I love the way this is written :)

Yasmine_B said...

Apparently if you say "pink elephants" the i-gotta-sneeze feeling goes away too. Yeee.

Brit said...

I have spring-summer-fall allergies. I feel your pain. Last year, my eyes were so swollen that two teachers and countless students asked me if I was "doin' stuff"...

Franchesca said...

Allergies are the worst!:(