Sunday, July 6, 2008

First One!

Hello everyone, I’m Paige and this is my first blog and it seems as though everyone else is just writing about their summers so far, so I think I’ll do the same!

Summer of ’08 can easily be classified as my busiest summer yet, but don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining one bit. It is much prefered to be on-the-go, and making fun memories, than anything else. My grandparents were able to come visit and they arrived just in time to see my brother, Vincent, graduate this year. In addition, I have also returned to my summer job working at the RHS Aquatics Center, aiding swimming lessons, which reminds me, if any of you are looking for easy community service hours, RHS Aquatics is perfect, and we’re still accepting volunteers!

However, aside from all the usual teenage Summer activities of friends and fun, I’ve also been aware, as I’m sure all of you are too, of the spiraling gas prices. The once previously ecstatic about getting her license in mid-August sixteen year old that I am, has now progressed into another stressed and highly annoyed member of society. Walking is such a simple task, yet such a high percentage of our nation chooses not to partake. It’s great exercise, and can only yield good things. I personally find it a perfect outlet to listen to my iPod and make a fool of myself dancing down the street on my way to work or to Bel Air or nearly anywhere for that matter. Besides, it provides ridiculous entertainment for those driving by. Anyways, before I only frustrate myself more on the subject, I’ll just change it. How about…The fourth? A few friends and myself had the great pleasure of holding our fireworks display not too far down the street from Mr. O’Donnell’s house, who was having a teacher extravaganza, which involved many fireworks that put our meager supply to shame. What with the mobile explosives attached to the beds of remote control trucks and all, not to mention the lovely display of pressurized foam spilling into the air, created from the chemical reaction of Mentos and Pepsi. Thanks, Mr. O. It was nice to see all of our favorite teachers enjoying their free time with their own family.

Well that is all I have time for today, and it won’t be long before I post a new one.

2 comments:

victoria said...

I definitely would have to agree that this has been my bussiest summer ever. And I too would also much rather be a busy teen than a bored one. It would be nice to have some more down time though.

kelseysmith said...

Hi im Kelsey. I jusy recently got my license this year too and I agree gas prices are crazy. I have seen them go down a little bit. I was in Vegas this summer and the gas prices there were so much lower. Well I hope to get to know you this year.