Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fiji!!!!!

Hey everyone. I hope that you are all having a great summer; I know that I am. I just wanted to share with you all a brief summary of my first big trip of the summer. Just a few hours ago I got back from Fijji, what I believe to be the most beautiful place on the face of this planet. Most people go there for a tropical vacation, but that was not the case for me. I went as a missionary with my church. This trip was really an eye opener for me, as an American, and I just thought I would share some of the things I learned and hopefully they will be helpful to you all either this summer or in your future.
1) Take advatage of all your oppertunities. You never know when you will get the chance to do something again. Don't let fear hold you back. Most of the time stepping out of your comfort zone pays off.
2) When life hands you lemons make lemon aide (sp?) Sometimes it is our nature to hide from our problems and challenges instead of making the best of them. When you try your hardest to make the best of them you will end up feeling much more rewarded and happy along with those around you as well.
3) Be thankful for what you have and have a good attitude about it. Most of the world has more than us, and overall they seem to enjoy a much more sincere level of life satisfaction.
4) Travel. It's facinating and it brings learning to life.
5) Treat others well. If there is one thing I learned from the Fijians, it's that you should always treat humans with kindness. Even though most of them do not have a lot they were extremely kind and welcoming. They always give you they're best.

I hope this was helpful for you all,

Happy Summer :)

4 comments:

RHS Flash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Smith said...

Fiji sounds awesome!!!You are right it is always rewarding when you spend your time helping people. Misson trips are always an exciting way to help people out plus you get all those extra community service hours. I'm glad your having such an awesome summer.

Paige said...

Wow Fiji would be great! you should feel very accomplished for so much you did for others.

Anonymous said...

Victoria,

Love what you said about perspective. It's pretty funny that we get upset at $4.40 a gallon of gas... and yet for the first time history children having too MUCH to eat is a problem in the U.S.
CN