Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Across the Pond

Hi everyone. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Tanya, an incoming junior, and I'm new to The Flash. I've been entertained reading about everyone's summers, so I'm going to write about what's going on in mine right now. As of july 17th, I'm in London, England! Which has been the highlight of my summer. I've seen all the amazing sights including Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the London Eye and other sights I can't really remember right now. The amazing thing about this city, is no matter where you get lost on the Underground, you can always find your way back...thankfully I haven't gotten lost yet because it's VERY crowded.
NOTE: If any of you guys decide to visit this amazing city in the future watch out at pedestrian crossings! I've been almost run over a million times and it's very scary. First of all, they drive on the other side of the road which is still confusing, AND they are really reckless when they want to be.
Yesterday, the Dark Knight had it's European Premiere in Leicester Square, which was where I happened to be...but since we didn't get there five hours early, there was no place to see the red carpet close up since they blocked off a lot of it. So I watched Michael Cain, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhal, and Christian Bale from this huge screen and took a million pictures. BUT on the bright side, I got a fantastic close up shot of the Batmobile which they had there to get people excited. I'll post pictures up once I've uploaded them.
As for now, I'm going to go, but I look forward to reading all of your posts.

2 comments:

sugarmagnolia4 said...

And this morning Christian Bale has been arrested! For assault of his mother and sister.

What stress can do to a person, its unbelievable.
If he's bold enough to make that excuse.

Mallory Valenzuela said...

WOW TANYA that's so exciting!!!
yes yes post pictures, i'd love to see them.