Friday, June 13, 2008

Why isn't anyone posting yet?!


I hope everyone is having an enjoyable summer! As for me, I remain busy...but in a wonderful way!

I ammmmmmm....

at the State Capitol EVERY WEEKDAY! My hours are from 11-5, and I hope to have my focus in the Senate and Assembly chambers in a couple weeks (remember the red and green rooms?). It's an amazing opportunity, especially since my passion lies with politics and government. I have met a wide range of individuals...and there's a person in each of the elevators who presses the buttons for you! Classy. There's also a delicious sandwich shop on the 6th floor, and today was my first day getting the mail at the resources building! My first official day was on Thursday, and the President of Chile was being greeted by Arnold when I was getting out of the car! That was unexpected, and it was very sad how I asked three different people and they each said different countries..."oh, it's the President from Venezuela" or "oh, it's the President from Peru" and then finally "oh, it's the President from Chile." It's a rare occurrence for the capitol to be visited by a dignitary, and it's especially odd when you see the swat team on top of the capitol. The volunteer coordinator is hopefully going to let me meet the Asian Pacific Islander Legislative Caucus on Monday, so I look forward to that.

By the way, I'm a major nerd if you didn't know that.

I heard that gas prices would reach $5 sometime this summer. I am so disgusted, especially since I have to drive to L Street every week.


"Hope -- Hope in the face of difficulty. Hope in the face of uncertainty. The audacity of hope! In the end, that is God’s greatest gift to us, the bedrock of this nation. A belief in things not seen.
A belief that
there are better days ahead."

-Mallory

No comments: