Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mustang Daily

Hello everyone!!!!! Well, it looks like I'm the first returning member to post a blog...or maybe I just don't know how to work this dang sight. Anyway, I'm Amber Diller and I am your DESIGN EDITOR this coming year...YES IM VERY EXCITED!!!!! :] :] Hahah. But really, I'm so excited to be with everyone this year and do exactly what I love.

Well I was waiting for something interesting to happen before I posted a blog. I have spent this past week on a COLLEGE ROAD TRIP. My favorite stop has been Cal Poly...and I'm almost 100% sure that I will be applying for early admission this fall. I will be majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Graphic Communications and minoring in Child Development.

The interesting part of this is Cal Poly's Journalism department...the Mustang Daily is the newspaper there. My dad picked up a copy for me and I'll bring it in at the beginning of the year. Basically, the newspaper staff does every aspect of it. Reporting, writing, designing, editing, printing, and distributing. It is more current event based...the upcoming election, things happening in San Luis Obispo. It's very-well put together. It was really amazing to see how a college newspaper is run after three years of The Flash. I know that I have lots of good ideas for this year...and I can't wait to be back.

Meanwhile, I'm reading my Style 101 book that Mr. Nichols so kindly gave me....NOT. Haha, but I really am reading it. ;] Well, hopefully something else exciting will happen this summer. Happy 4th of July!!!!!!! :] :] :] Bye all! <3

No comments: