Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'm back

This is Mr. Nichols... and I'm back in town. What a relief.

We left to teach two workshops (GA and FL) and take a vacation in Aruba the Monday after school got out. We were in15 airports in 18 days. Crazy.

But, it was a good trip and no doubt I'll tell plenty of stories. It started off with a typical flying nightmare... our outbound to Dallas couldn't land because of a "maintenance" issue... meaning it couldn't fly in the rain. Now that makes sense (in case you didn't know, it rains often in Dallas in summer). So, we missed our connection, and the last flight to Birmingham was cancelled.

As a result, we detoured to Atlanta and had dinner in an I-Hop at midnight... our baggage caught up with us in the mountains two days later. Carson did much better with the craziness then Mom and Dad. The only highlight was seeing the original Chic Filet in Atlanta.

I'll share more later... but the funniest thing was on the way home. We were walking through Dallas again and ran into Breanna Torok and Maegan Carpenter. Seems most of the RHS French group was on our flight returning from Europe. Hayley almost had a heart attack I think. It is indeed a small world.

I'll be in touch, but on the whole I love this idea and getting to know each other better. I haven't finished reading them all yet because we're still in catch-up mode.

Mr. N

1 comment:

hayley said...

i did almost have a heart attack mr. nichols, i did.