Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Freedom!

Hi, This is Heather again. The reason why i titled this post freedom is because what is more free then to be able to jump in a car and go anywhere without your parents having to tag along. For the people who haven't guessed what this is about already, I got my license!!!

The morning really didn't start out that great. I had to get up super early to make my 8:15 appointment at the Auburn DMV. I took my driving test in Auburn because it was the closest date i could find. My bed was really comfortable and made it incredibly hard to get up. I remember driving to the DMV and I continually had to force my eyes open. I think I drove the whole way up there with my eyes half closed.

When i got out of the car to go into the DMV my heart was practically in my throat. There was another girl about ready to take her driving test too. I was really happy to talk to her because we both calmed each other down. She went first and she ended up passing, which gave my a little confidence.

The lady that I took the test with was really calm and nice. I was so nervous that i didnt even start the car right. I had put it in reverse because I was backing out of the parking lot. I was wondering why the car wasnt moving. I went to turn the key more but it wasn't working. The lady said, "You have to put the car in park first." I just laughed and said I was really nervous. She then jokingly said, "Just breathe Heather just breathe."

The rest of the test I made some pretty stupid mistakes because I was nervous. Luckily, I didn't do anything that put anyone in harms way. When the test was finally done we pulled into the DMV parking lot and immediately she said, "You barely passed." I was happy because i really thought i had failed. I didn't really care that I had barely passed because i had my license now and thats all that mattered.

Yesterday, I went on my first solo drive. Thankfully, nothing drastic happened and I made it home without causing any accidents.

6 comments:

Karin said...

Congratulations, Heather!!

Anonymous said...

Heather, I'm excited for you. There is a sense of freedom in getting to driver. Remember it's your job to be safe, but I know you will. Mr. N

Lauren Sotir said...

That's so awesome Heather! Have fun driving!

Paige said...

Woot! Congratulations!

kelseysmith said...

I recently just got my license too. I definitely know what you mean about having more freedom. Well Congrats.

kelseysmith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.