Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's just a number

"Don't let a number define you." - Mr. O'Donnell.

I won't let a number define me. I stressed for weeks about this test. I've taken it. It's over, and I did the best I could. That's all that matters, but all year, this is what it all came down to. The FINAL EXAM. The AP TEST.

That's what it seems school is all about now - the test. How well a student understands the material from the school board's standards. Yes, tests are important. Yes, it pushes us to learn and apply the information, but after the test, it seems as if you forget everything.

However, for AP world, it's different. I'm now just starting to realize how much I've learned and gained from taking this class. All year I've wished I'd never taken it, and I've complained about what a waste of time outlining and reading a book I couldn't even understand was. But once I stepped out of the testing center, this rush of satisfaction and accomplishment came over me. I know the history of the world.

The radio, newspapers, television, books,etc. Everywhere and everything refrences to what I've learned in that class. I look at the world on a new intellectual level with a new understanding.

So I won't let a number define me. I don't care what College Board tells me. You passed, you failed... Whatever,whatever the outcome, nothing changes the fact that I have 10,000 years of history drilled into my brain, and I'm not planning on forgetting it. Thanks O'D.

No comments: