Thursday, February 14, 2013

Do you still believe in love?

For those out there who don't know, I am a recovering lovesick dumped gal on Valentines day(but I'm not complaining) I dated a guy seriously for a year and 7 months just to see him dump me last month(while we were on a date, at my favorite reastuant...) and then get with someone right after. Yes that isn't cheating but it might as well be called cheating because you KNOW they had a thing while you were still together. But that is not what this blog is about, I am getting over it because my heart breaks and heals slowly with time like most peoples...but rather this is about how breaking up is a wonderful thing. It has changed my life. Breaking up has helped me see my life anew, I see friends, family, and everyone I never really payed any attention to in an entirely new way. I don't need that complicated equation to be happy right now. Because I don't have the correct variable yet, haha :) But really though, I have silly simple conversations with strangers, with people I never used to talk to, with my family/friends, and that makes me so happy. Amazing people are out there, love is real, and sometimes love can live within a lot of other people and that is how people are happy being single. I am still getting used to it. I haven't been single since the 1st semester of Freshman year and now I'm almost a Senior. That is CRAZY. I really just need to focus on myself, prom dates are overrated because all I need is my best friend to have a good time. Ladies and gentleman, watch out. I just started doing Swim and I love it and it really helps get my mind off of things... I just swim and feel healthy and eat. My grades are still recovering from the downfall , but once I reached rock bottom the climb up is so healing that by the time I get to the top again I will be 10 times stronger with nothing holding me back. Love is so special, but heartbreak is something no one can avoid, and even when you think forever really means forever, life always has other plans...I know I deserve better. I know that I can't be with someone that holds me back, and I hurt a lot of people being with him and I didn't realize it until now. AKA FRIENDS OVER BOY/GIRLFRIENDS PEOPLE. Friends are FOREVER. Not your high school relationships. So stop mistreating your friends just because you have someone to say 'I love you' to. Because friends will be there for you when your heart gets broken. Friends and family are the real FOREVER <3

No comments: