Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Day Without My Best Budday

Yesterday was the second trial for Mock Trial and I was so pleased to my teammates and I perform the best I've seen them. And the best thing, I didn't really need to adapt and could talk.

My point? Well, on the way there, Mckenna and I were enjoying some pleasant song, "Invincible" by Adelitas Way to pump us up. (I sorta forced her to listen because it's good, but it's all good) Either way, I didn't take my iPod into the courthouse simply because I didn't want to lose it there and I have an irrational fear that my music will begin to blare and disrupt the trial. I left it in Rahul's car...after the trial, I was wondering where my iPod was and thought I put it in my backpack, so didn't pay much mind to it. We went to In-n-Out afterwards, but all the basketball players and  dancers and some cheerleaders were there... Eventually, when I got home, I realized that my beloved was lost. Nowhere to be found. I searched it more than three times thoroughly in my backpack and clothing and began to panic.

Everybody says that we're so dependent on technology, but I didn't think I was THAT attached to my iPod. Not only does it have like 25 (no joke, probably more) alarms on it to wake me, but it also has a Pandora app, which wakes me up. But with it gone, I realized how sad it was to not have it.

I feel really bad because I started texting Rahul at like 10:30 p.m. to tell him that my life was in his car, somewhere, lost. It was so distressing!

Do you know how hard it was to get out of bed? I didn't have my usual annoying alarms because Apple has yet to figure out that my alarms should be intertwined with Pandora, though Pandora often makes me angry. ALSO, I had to wake up especially early since I didn't do the AP US study guide, which was due first thing in the morning, but the day before, I had the information as a little note on my iPod. And because my iPod was gone, I had to restart! D:

But alas, Rahul has saved my everyday life! I feel sorta bad because I kept bugging him about it, but I just couldn't leave school without it. It would've been the most boring walk home ever!

Something relating to my best technological friend, I realized my headphones are much more genius than I thought it to be. I kept messing with this little block looking thing on my headphones and all of a sudden my music stopped. I played it again and kept playing with the block when my music stopped, again. But with a little working of my brain and I realized that it pauses the music! How genius. I would've never thought...

Anyways, my baby is resting (being charged) and I'm so glad it's back in my life because it's just too much without its luxury.

No comments: