Saturday, April 17, 2010

So much more to do

Spending a few days in Portland sans child and children has been a nice life.

I spent Thursday in a PLC meeting with other advisers, brainstorming ways for journalism teachers to connect across time and distance. It ties into my future job as a JEA Mentor... and the kind of thing that keeps me thinking.

Since then I've taught my three sessions (where I always get new ideas), attended a few, and done a ton of networking. Good for me. I'm convinced we need to expand more and more quickly into social networking. The possibilites are amazing.

For newspaper I'm especially convinced we need to expand into more sports coverage in a variety of ways. I'm excited about this.

Props to the yearbook- lots of nice recognition including a feature usage in the new Jostens textbook. Alexis and Sam in particular should be very proud.

But, I'm excited to get back to work. More truthfully I am excited to get back to Carson and spend quality time. She turns three next week and nothing is more amazing to me than that.

It's been a good break for me and Portland rocks- so "green." But... Rocklin really is the ONE.

You'll get a kick out of this- I was quoted on the Walsworth blog by students in one of my sessions. http://www.walsworthyearbooks.com/blog/

No comments: