Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's Over

So I finished the very last Speech and Debate tournament of my high school career at states in Bakersfield. It's a bittersweet moment, I no longer have to worry about it but it's still sad to have something I've done for 4 years come to an end. Sadly I didn't place but the competition was absolutely brutal, so I'm ok with having even made it to state. It was actually a pretty cool experience meeting people from all over the state who shared my interests. Although to be honest, some of them were a little scary, getting into every Ivy league plus a smattering of other top schools and acting like it was no big deal. At any rate, with this over and the school year coming to a close it is finally hitting me that my life is about to take a radical turn. High school's almost over and I'll soon be off to my new life. Obviously I've known that this was coming for a long time, but i guess it is finally starting to hit me now that everything is coming to a close.

No comments: