Tuesday, June 23, 2009

differences continued

I thought of more differences between Pennsylvania and California that I forgot to write down yesterday.
7. There is not as much privacy among neighbors because there are no fences between houses/yards.
8. People sit on their porches and socialize more...it seems that everybody knows everybody or the business of their towns.
9. Houses have basements which are a much cooler (temperature wise) place to be.
10. Air conditioning is not as common and houses windows and doors are frequently left open to let the air through.
11. The humidity is wretched. For those of you who thought that my hair was crazy before, you should see it after you add some humidity into the equation.
12. The gas is cheaper, and frequently people leave there car doors unlocked both at home and in parking lots.
13. They lack authentic Mexican dining places as well as latino music stations.
I'm sure over the course of my month stay, of which I have two weeks left, I will encounter more differences.

2 comments:

RHS Flash said...

Love these observations... and it has gotten easier to find decent Mexican food outside Cali, but not everywhere. The yard thing you'd never know if you didn't leave the state. LOL Nichols

AliciaLaryn said...

Pennsylvania sounds like a mix of Louisiana and Illinois... haha.