Thursday, June 17, 2010

summer surprises

I've already had two summer surprises...both of which happened in forty-eight hours, beginning Sunday night.

I was running Sunday night when I fell over an awkward piece of cement that didn't quite fit in the cement's configuration completely and it hurt. I didn't realize then that I had not only broken pinky, but also chipped it :( Thankfully, tho, I didn't fracture my leg. I just lost several layers of skin and I'm on crutches now. Until then, I had never broken a bone or been on crutches. I rarely get sick or injured. The mental pain is really killing me more than the physical-I can't swim, run, or lifeguard now for two weeks. At least I have time to do all that summer homework now.

On a happier note, my family is going to host a foreign-exchange student this summer! I am soo excited! He/she is coming from France in less than a month and it's perfect because I'm taking French 3 over the summer so I can speak francais with him/her a little bit. There a many trips the students go on with their host families, too (i.e. San Francisco). This is the program our school/foreign language classes participate in, so if anyone is interested in hosting someone this summer, let me know and I'll give you the connections.

4 comments:

Emily said...

You describing your fall made me cringe. I hope you feel better. Do you lifegaurd for Rocklin? I never knew the pool was open.

Emily said...

Just reading that made me cringe. I hope you feel better! I never knew you were a lifegaurd. Do you lifegaurd for Rocklin?

Franchesca said...

awwww I'm so sorry that happened!! I hope you feel better!:)

Holly said...

Thats awful you're hurt!
I've always wanted a foreign exchange student, but my parents would never allow it :(